Sunday, July 3, 2011

25-Jun-2010 Farmington Build

A week late on this one but it has been a very busy, and distracting, week. Between some medical issues and my current fixation on "moving" (either into a new apartment or buy a house) I've had little time to sit down and think about (and write about) affairs.

On this particular day we made some serious headway. With all the sanding done on Unit A we were able to get a lot of painting completed. The entire second floor has had two coats, ceilings and walls, and first floor needs doing. During this process found out that I'm pretty good at "cutting". (This is basically taking a paint brush and making sure that there is a good coating at all the corners - ceilings is tricky!)

Unfortunately, , not all of the sanding has been completed. The first floor kitchen area is filled with unmounted doors. With those in the area we've not been able to get to the walls at all. And trust you me, there's a lot of doors. I think it is the entire inventory for both units.

Jon wants us to focus on Unit B next scheduled date (everyone is taking off 4th July weekend) and I agree. The partner/owner of that unit wants to move in by August so that she can have her children ready for when school starts. Good reason but I also want to finish painting Unit B so that all the doors can be mounted. Gets rid of half of the doors in the kitchen area and then I can get to prepping those walls sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment